The following is a joint statement released to the ISC today.
The 107 Independent Supporters Trust, the engine that fuels the Timbers Army and Rose City Riveters, joins with our Seattle rivals, the Emerald City Supporters and Gorilla FC, in calling for the following outcomes:
- MLS rescinds its ban on flying the iron front flag.
- MLS removes the word "political" from its fan code of conduct as it is inherently arbitrary.
- MLS works with international experts on human rights to craft language in the fan code of conduct that reflects and supports radical inclusion and anti-discrimination.
To that end, we're asking for other supporter groups to demonstrate their support with the following call to action:
- Pump up the volume on this issue by demonstrating your support visually with iron front images on clothing (T-shirts, large patches, and the like) at matches in your stadium.
- Call your team's front office and/or MLS headquarters to voice your opposition to the current MLS policy regarding political displays in general and the iron front flag in particular.
- As supporter groups, voice your support either in calls, letters, or social media for the three objectives listed above.
Sherrilynn "Sheba" Rawson, on behalf of 107 Independent Supporters Trust, the engine behind the Timbers Army and the Rose City Riveters
Tom Biro and Shawn Wheeler, on behalf of Emerald City Supporters
Tom Conquergood, on behalf of Gorilla FC