We have always said that if you want to be Timbers Army then you are… simply show up and cheer for the team.
This is still true.
But now you can become even more involved – by joining The 107ist.
The 107ist (107 Independent Supporters Trust) is a member-based non-profit organization open to anyone (regardless of where they sit in the stadium) who loves soccer, the Timbers, Portland, and especially the combination of the three.
It arose as a means to coordinate all the things that the Timbers Army was already doing; to work with Timbers management in resolving issues, to help make the game day experience (both at home and away) bigger and better for everyone, and to help fund various charities and events in the Portland soccer community.
Members are entitled to vote on 107ist issues and to participate in annual elections of the board of directors. They’ll also receive exclusive 107ist/TA merchandise with each annual membership, receive discounts and specials from local vendors, get first dibs on seats on bus charters for away games, and much more.
Joining the 107ist takes your support one step further and enables you be an active participant in the experience, rather than just a bystander. We currently have over 3500 paid members and are growing daily.
The 107ist is a registered non-profit organization in the state of Oregon, and has submitted an application for 501c(7) status.
107ist Member Benefits for 2014:
- The right to seek election to the 107ist Board of Directors.
- Voting privileges on key issues and annual board member elections (held early December each year.)
- A member-only TA/107ist coffee mug.
- If you join/renew before December 31, 2013 you’ll also receive a unique 107ist patch as part of your membership packet.
- The Whipsaw (our Fanzine) mailed directly to your home.
- Pre-sale access to tickets and transportation for road trips to see the Timbers.
- Pre-sale access to certain limited edition merchandise runs.
- Access to the members-only area at TimbersArmy.org – includes forums and member store.
- The opportunity to join a rec-team in the Timbers Army FC framework .
- Special members-only events.
- A 2013 membership card which gives access to specials and discounts from local merchants .
In addition to paying for the benefits listed above, your dues help with all of our Timbers support efforts as well as allowing us to contribute to charitable organizations. Note: Our membership period is by calendar year (Jan 2014-Dec 2014) to cover a whole season and annual board member elections
Please note the following:
- Annual membership for new and renewing members is $25.
- You can pay via debit or credit card directly on this site in the secure sign-up form.
- You still have the option to use Paypal, but you will need to have a Paypal account or create one during the sign-up process.
- Please ensure that your name, email address and mailing address are all correct so we can send out your membership packet (It’s amazing how many packets we get returned for incorrect addresses!).
- Note: if you are using Internet Explorer 8 or 9, you will have to enable ‘Compatibility View’ in order for the Submit button to work.
- We value your privacy. The information provided during signup is never shared with any third parties, and is only used in conjunction with Timbers Army and 107ist business.
- If you have any questions about membership or the ordering process, please contact us at email@example.com.